Teenager of the Year
Local clubs of Kiwanis International are seeking applicants for the 2021 – 2022 Teenager of the Year Award. Kiwanis is an international organization of volunteers dedicated to improving the world one child and one community at a time. The purpose of this award is to give recognition to deserving teenagers for their service to their school and community, citizenship, leadership performance, character and academic achievements. If the nominee continues through the competition process at club, division and district levels, the finalist will be awarded the title of 2021 – 2022 Capital District Teenager of the Year, $2,500.00 and a trip with their parents/guardians to the Kiwanis District Convention, August 19-21, 2022, in Baltimore, MD.
The Capital District Teenager of the Year Award welcomes applications from young people who are between the ages of 13 and 19 and are currently residing in DC, DE, MD, WV or VA. The following criteria will be used in choosing winners:
APPLICANTS MUST HAVE:
- Demonstrated a consistent and dedicated commitment to community service;
- Demonstrated positive spirit, courage, academic achievement, generosity and high moral purpose;
- Shown initiative, tenacity and unselfishness in pursuit of their community service efforts;
- Accomplished something that inspired others to make a positive difference in their community; and
- Made an impact beyond themselves that improved their community or the volunteer organization they support.
Statement of non-discrimination: The Capital District of Kiwanis International and the Capital District Kiwanis Foundation do not discriminate on the basis of any applicable protected classification including, but not limited to race, color, creed, national origin, ethnicity, religion, disability, age or sex, including sexual orientation and gender identity.
- $2500 funded by the Capital District Kiwanis Foundation (choice of CD, check or savings bond)
- Recognition certificate
- Trip to the Kiwanis Capital District Convention August 19-21, 2022 in Baltimore, MD.
- Recognition in the Kiwanis Capital District Convention program booklet and the 2022 Capital Kiwanian Magazine summer edition
November 1, 2021 to February 1, 2022 at 5 p.m.: Students may apply online. Only complete applications will be accepted. No applications will be considered that are submitted after that date and time.
No later than March 1, 2022: Kiwanis Clubs will select and notify club winners and submit certified names to their Lt. Governor.
No later than April 1, 2022: Divisions will select and notify division winners and submit certified names to the ToY District Chairperson.
No later than May 1, 2022: The district level winner will have been selected and the certified name sent to the District Governor.