Teenager of the Year
Local clubs of Kiwanis International are seeking applicants for the 2020 – 2021 Teenager of the Year Award. The purpose of this award is to give recognition to deserving teenagers for their citizenship, service to their school and community, leadership performance, character and academic achievements. If the nominee continues through the competition process at club, division and district levels, the finalist will be awarded the title of 2020 – 2021 Capital District Teenager of the Year, $2,500.00 and a trip with their parents/guardians to the Kiwanis District Convention, August 20-22, 2021, in Roanoke, VA.
The Capital District Teenager of the Year Award welcomes applications from young people who are between the ages of 13 and 19 (not yet age 19) and are currently residing in DC, DE, MD or VA. The following criteria will be used in choosing winners:
APPLICANTS MUST HAVE:
- Demonstrated positive spirit, courage, academic achievement, generosity and high moral purpose;
- Shown initiative, tenacity and unselfishness in pursuit of their goals;
- Accomplished something with inspirational value – something that could inspire others to make a difference; and
- Made an impact on the world beyond themselves.
Statement of non-discrimination: The Capital District of Kiwanis International and the Capital District Kiwanis Foundation do not discriminate on the basis of any applicable protected classification including, but not limited to race, color, creed, national origin, ethnicity, religion, disability, age or sex, including sexual orientation and gender identity.
- $2500 funded by the Capital District Kiwanis Foundation (choice of CD, check or savings bond)
- Recognition certificate
- Trip to the Kiwanis Capital District Convention August 20-22, 2021 in Roanoke, VA
- Recognition in the Kiwanis Capital District Convention program booklet and the 2021 Capital Kiwanian Magazine summer edition
November 1, 2020 to February 1, 2021 at 5 p.m.: Students may apply online. Only complete applications will be accepted. No applications will be considered that are submitted after that date and time.
No later than March 1, 2021: Kiwanis Clubs will select and notify club winners and submit certified names to their Lt. Governor.
No later than April 1, 2021: Divisions will select and notify division winners and submit the certified names to the ToY District Chairperson no later than April 5, 2021.
No later than May 1, 2021: The district level winner will have been selected and the certified name sent to the District Governor.