Teenager of the Year
Capital District Kiwanis clubs are seeking applicants for the 2019- 2020 Teenager of the Year award.
The purpose of this award is to give recognition to deserving teenagers for their academic achievements, citizenship, service to their school and community, growth and responsibility in his/her family unit, character and leadership performance.
Nominees progress through competition levels at local club, division and District.
Overall winner will be awarded the title of 2019- 2020 Capital District Teenager of the Year, an award of $2,500.00 and a trip with their parents/guardians to the Kiwanis District Convention, August 21-23, 2020, in Richmond, VA.
Capital District Teenager of the Year Award welcomes applications from young people:
• between the ages of 13 and 18 (not yet age 19)
• currently residing in DC, DE, MD or VA.
- December 2nd- February 9th – Applications accepted online
- No later than March 6th: Applicants will be notified via email of Kiwanis club Teenager of the Year selection
- No later than March 27th: Club nominees will be notified of Division Teenager of the Year selection
- By May 1st: Winner will be announced. All District level nominees will be notified via email
2019-2020 Application Form
Submissions for 2019-2020 Teenager of the Year are now closed.