Lt. Governor Pre-Election Pledge
As a member in good standing of my Kiwanis Club and as a nominee for the office of Lieutenant Governor- Elect or Lieutenant Governor-Designate, I do hereby agree to the following:
- I allow my name to be placed in nomination for Lieutenant Governor/Lieutenant Governor-Elect.
- If elected, I will attend the Governor-Elect’s Leadership Team Education Conference, the Capital District Convention, the International President’s Visit (as appropriate), the Midyear Conference, the International Convention, all meetings of the Lt. Governor Advisory Council and all other conferences for the Division and clubs of the Division as outlined by Kiwanis International or the Governor of the Capital District during my year as Lieutenant Governor.
- As Lieutenant Governor-Designate, I will arrange a Club Leadership Education session with a Certified Instructor following the Leadership Team Education Conference and prior to September 1.
- As Lieutenant Governor-Designate, I will make a minimum of one Contact Visit to each club in the Division between August 1 and November 15. I will file the Contact Report with the District Secretary no later than November 30.
- As Lieutenant Governor, I will make a minimum of one visit to the Board of Directors Meetings of each of the clubs in the Division between November 1 and March 15. I will file the Board Evaluation Report with the District Secretary by March 31.
- As Lieutenant Governor, I will make a minimum of one Progress visit to each of the clubs in the Division between May 1 and July 15. I will file the Progress Report with the District Secretary by July 31.
- As Lieutenant Governor, I will coordinate with the other Lieutenant Governors of my region to schedule, plan and executive a Midyear Conference (unless a District Midyear Conference is held) that shall include the election of a District Trustee (when needed) according to the Capital District Bylaws.
- As Lieutenant Governor, I will coordinate with Regional counterparts and committee members to conduct regional projects and programs.
- As Lieutenant Governor, I will promote the International, District, and Division programs of service, and the District and Division goals as set forth by and under the direction of the Governor.
- As Lieutenant Governor, I will between March 1 and April 1, convene an election conference for Lieutenant Governor and Lieutenant Governor-Elect in the manner prescribed by the District Bylaws. I will file the Division Election Report with the District Secretary no later than April 15.
- As Lieutenant Governor, I will allow my contact information to be posted on the District Web Site.
- As Lieutenant Governor, I will perform all other duties as requested by the Governor or Board of Trustees.
I have read the duties and responsibilities of Lieutenant Governor as outlined by Kiwanis International and the Capital District and I will fully and faithfully execute the duties of the office, if elected.