WELCOME TO KEY LEADER IN THE
CAPITAL DISTRICT OF KIWANIS INTERNATIONAL
WHAT IS KEY LEADER?
Key Leader empowers students to become more caring and confident leaders. Through team-building activities, group discussions, and personal reflection, participants discover the benefits of Service Leadership.
WHAT ARE THE KEY LEADER PRINCIPLES?
Key Leader follows the Robert Greenwood Service Leadership Model. The program delves into six key principles that spotlight concepts and skills a Service Leader can continually build upon throughout their lives. The Principles are:
- Service Leadership
- Personal Integrity
- Personal Growth
- Building Community
- Pursuit of Excellence
WHEN IS THE NEXT KEY LEADER EVENT?
Watch this space for an announcement of the next Key Leader event taking place at the 4-H Jamestown Camp, Williamsburg, VA 23185.
WHO CAN ATTEND?
Students who are between the ages of 14 – 18 may attend Key Leader.
STUDENT PARTICIPANT AND STUDENT FACILITATOR – WHAT’S THE DIFFERENCE?
Student Participants are the main audience of Key Leader. Most of you registering will be a Student Participant. Student Facilitators take on an additional role of leadership during the event and will be assigned in advance. You will be notified if selected as a Student Facilitator.
WHAT DOES IT COST?
The registration fee is $220 for student attendees or $150 for student facilitators, payable by credit card on-line. This includes event attendance, a T-shirt, program materials and certificate, two nights’ accommodations, meals and the chance to learn, grow and meet students from around the Capital District who are developing their leadership potential, too.
HOW DO I REGISTER?
Scroll down to get to the Registration Form. Here are a few things you will need to have on hand to complete it:
- Your full mailing address
- Your Sponsor’s name (this is the person paying for your registration fee), their address, phone number and email address. This could be your parents, a Kiwanis member or some other organization.
- Your Emergency Contact information. If this is the same as your Sponsor, you can enter “Same” as well as their relationship to you.
- You must access and complete the Community Values Form as part of your registration. Click here to fill it out. This requires a parent or guardian’s signature, so print it out, get them to sign, scan or take a picture of it and be prepared to upload it during your registration.
- You must access and complete the Photo Release form. Click here to fill it out. This requires a parent or guardian’s signature, so print it out, get them to sign, scan or take a picture of it and be prepared to upload it during your registration.
- A valid credit card number, expiration date and CVC code, as well as the cardholder’s name.
You will receive a confirmation email after you complete your registration. You will also receive a few more emails providing the Event Agenda, a suggested packing list, more detailed instructions about arrival and departure, and some reminders.
If you or your parents have any questions or concerns, contact Capital District Key Leader Administrator Missy Zimmerman at email@example.com.